This week on Broke and the Bookish we’re sharing the Thanksgiving spirit. I’m blessed in many ways, but I can’t help but think I’m extra lucky in my bookish life. There are so many great things to be thankful for!
- The Notification Email – This is my FAVORITE email of ALL time! It’s a little present just waiting to be opened!
- Beautifully written authors’ notes – Along the lines of When the Moon Was Ours, her author’s note was incredibly touching and really made for a unique emotional connection to her work.
- A good tote bag – I LOVE my bag from BOTMC! Most of the time I can feel the bag sighing from the weight of my library books, but not this one!
- Football – Does this really belong on this list? YES! I get my best reading done while my boyfriend is watching football! I don’t feel guilty for reading all day, and I’m not as tempted to watch TV instead.
- A great blogging community – I’m so thankful to have such a great group of people to talk books!
- Film adaptations – You can only read a book for the first time once, but watching the movie version always gives me nostalgia!
- Goodreads – I don’t know what we’d do without it!
- Gorgeous book covers – My bookshelves are certainly grateful.
- My lunch break! – I’m an hourly employee, the major benefit being an enforced 1-hour lunch break, perfect for a mid-day reading break!
- My neighborhood library! – Thank you HPL for everything you do! Without you, I’d never be able to afford my reading habit.
What are you grateful for this year?