Today’s Top Ten topic is your Top Ten Bookish Delights. For me, it’s typically a moment and not so much a thing. I could easily list a thousand more of these, but for curtness I’ll try to stick to ten. This is a link up with The Broke and the Bookish.
If I had to list my Top Ten Bookish Delights, this would be it:
- When you’re searching for a popular audiobook on Overdrive, place a hold, and wow! I’m only 1st or 2nd in line!!!!
- Finding an entire treasure trove of titles from your TBR in the clearance section – could there be anything better? I think not.
- When a hold becomes available at the library….and suddenly there are 5 (or 10) more to pick-up. I know we all complain about this when it happens, but I secretly love it. I have ALL the books! What could be bad about that?
- Spending the day, or hour, cocooned in your favorite fleece blanket with a candle burning and the sun shining and a good book. This is my happy place. 🙂
- When you’re reading and your boyfriend, who is jealous of your book, brings you a fresh cup of coffee…with all the fixings.
- When you’re reading the right book at the right time in your life. You need inspiration or a laugh or a distraction, and you might not even have realized it when you started reading, but you couldn’t have picked a better book for that moment. I think this is the real reason YA is such an amazing genre – there’s always a relatable theme or struggle and when the hero wins the day, so do we.
- Rereading a book from your childhood or college days and taking away an entirely new meaning from it. Perhaps it was a theme that you just hadn’t experienced in life yet, or you relate to a character more than before, or maybe it brings you hope when before it was just a story. You might not be able to read a book for the first time again, but you can always have a new experience when rereading.
- Rereading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and having the above happen to you.
- Talking about books – whether it’s blogging, commenting, in person with friends, or finding a common book with a stranger, getting recommendations, a heated discussion on themes… Any day I can spend time talking about books is a good day.
- Finding a new favorite. A novel so beautiful it can only be described as a gift to read and reread. It’s not every year I add a novel of this grandeur to my lists, but when it happens, it’s pure bliss.
What are your top Bookish Delights?