Tomorrow is the start of a new spin with The Classics Club. Every spin, we’re asked to pick 20 reads from our Master Classics List, they’ll then pick a random number from 1 to 20, and that will be your read for the month (well, two months). This month is meant to be a challenge, asking us to pick 5 books we love, 5 we’re intimidated by, 5 we’re neutral on, and 5 freebies….I figured I’d make my list too easy, so I asked my boyfriend to pick a few random numbers – and he definitely gave me a list up to the challenge!
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles (Reread)
- The Mysteries of Udolpho by Anne Radcliffe
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery
- Emma by Jane Austen
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Reread)
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Reread)
- Nicholas Nickleby Charles Dickens
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
**Update** The winner is lucky #15, The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury! While all books listed are ones I want to read, I’m kind of glad I didn’t get Les Miserables my first go.
What’s on your Classics Club list?